The following is our initial response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are canceling classes this week March 8 – March 11 and plan to, temporarily, offer classes remotely starting next Saturday, March 14 with our “Break from Anxiety” Saturday retreat. Once the COVID-19 outbreak has passed, we will resume classes, in person, at the branch.
The reason for these changes is that the CDC is recommending that people who are at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19, take precautions to avoid contracting the virus Those precautions include avoiding crowds and limiting close contact. The Eugene branch teacher, as well as some of our students, fall into the higher risk category. We thought this would be the best way to continue offering Dharma, while protecting our community. Watch for an email later this week with information on accessing classes remotely.
Here are some things you can do to benefit others during this time.
- Meditate and dedicate for the health and well-being of others – through healing our own minds, we can heal the world.
- Please alert us if you have been at the Branch recently and experience symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If you feel ill, please stay home.
- Reduce your physical contact with others.
- Regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitizers.
Please continue to check our website for updates to our response.
Wishing you all good health and inner peace!
“Whenever we meet other people, rather than focusing on their delusions
we should focus on the gold of their Buddha nature.”
from The New Eight Steps to Happiness by Ven. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche